College Entertainment in Clinton

So I am back again to give you guys some more fun ideas on how you can spend your spare time this semester in the city of Clinton.

I get it. We are all college kids on a budget, and gas is not getting any cheaper. But sometimes, we just need to get off campus. So what is there to do in Clinton, Miss.?

Well, I am here to tell you a few things you can do to waste away your time when you probably should be in the library. First off, I just want to mention the movies.

I know, I know. It is totally cliché, but who does not appreciate a good movie every now and then? Thankfully, our movie theater is not very far from campus. It is right off Springridge Road, and it helps that Tuesdays are $5 movie days.IMG_3315

Secondly, I like to eat, and the caf just does not cut it sometimes. So what is there to eat around here?

We have just about every fast food place around, but Chick-fil-a is my favorite fast food place. Now do not worry, we have more than just fast food places.

There’s a place for whatever mood you are in, whether it is southern style food, deli style, Italian, Japanese, or Mexican. Some of my favorites include 303 Jefferson, Newk’s, Fox’s Pizza, Hibachi Express, and Salsa’s. All of these places are just minutes from campus.

Now for those of you who want to get a little fancy for maybe a birthday or another special occasion, my favorite place in Clinton just so happens to be Bonsai. It is always a great time to be able to hang out with your friends and have your food cooked in front of you.

Now I do not know about you guys, but dessert always crosses my mind. Girls, I know you are all watching the waistline, but who cannot make room for frozen yogurt? My favorite place is Yog’n Frut right next to Kroger.

It is great for dessert or a go-to snack. So is Smoothie King, but then again, I may have a slight obsession with smoothies so I am a little partial.

Now that it is taking me eons to tell you all about the yummy food Clinton has offer, what can we do after dinner and dessert that does not require a movie? Well first, I must ask you to keep an open mind.

Now I will tell you about Fun Time Skateland. Yes, you read right. I dare you to bring out your inner child and go roller-skating. It is a blast reliving your childhood with the friends you have made in college. Another classic activity is bowling.

Indian Lanes is only about two miles from campus, and I always end up having a great time with my friends even though I am terrible at bowling.

I hope this gave you guys some ideas of what to do around Clinton when you just do not know what you could possibly do around here.

Avni Patel, Contributing Writer