Uncategorized

Letter to the Editor

Dear Mississippi College,

I cannot thank you enough for helping me becoming a proud deaf Mississippi College student. All of you, facility, students, and administrators, have been so nice and thoughtful. It is hard to find a way to thank each one of you.

I would like to give a special thanks to several people. Thank you, Michael Wright and Sam Maze, for the great job you did of recruiting me and making sure that I taken care of. I give a big thanks to Morgan Bryant for making sure that all of my needs are met, such as providing interpreters and note takers.

I really appreciate your help. I really want to say a huge thank you to my interpreters Vicki Lewis and Lee Williams. You are both such a big help to me and making sure I am able to follow along with the flow of each of my classes.

I also want to express my appreciation to Benjamin Ivey for making sure that I have access to have closed-captioned during videos in his classroom, so that I can keep up with the content.

Lastly, I would like to thank all of my teachers for doing a great job of making sure that I understand and am understood in class. They have really made me feel part of the class. I truly appreciate it

Transferring to Mississippi College has really provided me with a wonderful experience, from the wonderfully accommodating faculty and staff, to the friendly faces of other students helping me to feel welcome, I am so proud to be a Mississippi College student. Go Choctaws! 1 Corinthians 1:4

I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.

James Rushing, Contributing Writer