Clinton Welcomes James & Leigh To Olde Towne

Looking for a place to find a cute new outfit? Need a last minute gift for a friend? Olde Towne’s newest addition, James & Leigh boutique, offers a wide array of clothing and accessories for women of all ages. The store, located only a short walk from the Mississippi College campus at 310 Jefferson St., opened its doors Thursday, Nov. 7.

Anna Nutt, the boutique’s owner, is a native of Clinton who graduated from Mississippi College with a degree in Business Marketing. Her husband Jonathan Nutt is also a native Clintonian who graduated from MC and is currently employed in the Student Life department.

If the Nutt’s connection to MC was not strong enough, Anna Nutt’s father is an MC alumus, and she also has a sister who is a freshman at MC this year.

Nutt said that she has always loved clothes and that she enjoys “shopping and putting outfits together.” Her love of fashion eventually led to her own online store, and the business has grown into what James & Leigh boutique is today.

Nutt said that the decision to locate the boutique in Olde Towne was an easy one. It had always been a dream of hers, and when the location became available, she jumped at the opportunity. Jonathan Nutt also serves on the Main Street Clinton board, which always strives to strengthen Olde Towne businesses.

“We love the look and feel of Olde Towne,” Anna Nutt said. “We are strong believers in the city of Clinton, particularly the Olde Towne area.” She also added that she hopes the same great customer service that was offered by the online store will be present in the new Olde Towne location. Nutt anticipates that James & Leigh will also be a way to draw in more people to Clinton’s historic Brick Streets.

James & Leigh sells clothing, as well as accessories including scarves, handbags, and boot socks. The store also offers a wide variety of jewelry, including brands that are handmade in Mississippi.

“We want to offer our customers cute clothing and accessories that they can’t find anywhere else in Clinton,” said Nutt. “Girls can come down and find an outfit for a date night, and guys can even come and pick out something for their girlfriend, or happy for their formal date.”

When it comes to prices, clothing ranges from $25 to $60. Accessories such as the jewelry and scarves are priced at $22 or less. For MC students who show their ID, James & Leigh offers a 10% discount for in-store purchases. Made-to-order MC social tribe bracelets and necklaces are also available.

James & Leigh’s store hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nutt wants those who are a part of the Mississippi College community to know that they are welcome at James & Leigh.

“We are so excited to have the store so close to campus,” said Nutt. “We would love to have MC students come down Jefferson Street and shop!”

– Abbie Walker, News Editor