Raise Your Voice

CUFI-0192

Christians United for Israel is a branch of the nationwide organization that became a part of MC on Sept. 24 last year. The CUFI organization is one of the largest Pro-Israel organizations in the United States. On Nov. 14, this organization is hosting the Raise Your Voice Prayer Vigil from 8am-8pm.

Constant prayer and praise will be held throughout the course of the day. All students are welcome to attend this event and those who are unable to attend are able to join in prayer for Israel and persecuted Christians in the Middle East.

Students can arrive at any time during this event. Throughout the day, the event will alternate between live band performances and focused prayer. Stations or booths will be set up where prayer will be held for specific countries in the Middle East where Christians are suffering from persecution for the cause of Christ.

Pamphlets with personal stories of these Christians will be given out to show MC students first hand what is taking place overseas and to get them to step out of their “bubble” by reaching out to these people in prayer. CUFI President Jonathan Graves will be speaking as well as several other influential people within the MC community. This prayer vigil is only a small part of the Nationwide Vigil that will be taking place at College and University Campuses.

CUFI leaders plan to make this even “one of the most amazingly successful events in the history of CUFI at MC.” Recruitment Director Madison Curtis said “We hope this event will encourage more students to become involved in this organization.” Curtis also said “We are hoping for a huge turnout and several well-known MC students will be performing.”

Students performing at this event will include Chad Perry, Caleb Jet–who will be performing at 2 p.m.–as well as several other live MC bands.

The purpose of this event is congruent to CUFI’s overall purpose, which is to raise awareness of Christian persecution in the Middle East and to teach students the importance of supporting Israel and the Jewish people. CUFI embraces it as their Christian duty to support God’s people to whom we owe a great debt, and they also point out how our nation as a whole will benefit from supporting Israel.

CUFI uses scriptures from the bible to explain why it is important to support Israel as well as other persecuted Christians around the globe. Genesis 12:3 “And I will bless them that bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee.”

The promise that can be interpreted from this scripture is that God will bless America, if America blesses Israel. CUFI is in agreement with that promise.

John 4:22 says “Salvation is of the Jews.” This scripture can be used to show the link between Christianity and Judaism. It can also show how Christians are indebted to Jews because of their influence on Christianity.

According to Christianity, Jesus was a Jew and through him many gentiles have come to be saved. Without the Jewish people there would be no Christian religion. These are the main reasons CUFI was created and why they support the nation of Israel and the Jewish people.

Students who are interested in helping out at the Raise Your Voice event are encouraged to contact officers as soon as possible. These officers include Cameron Hughes (Community Outreach Officer), Madison Curtis (Recruitment Director), Jerry Ainsworth III (Vice President) and Jonathan Graves (President). Volunteers are needed to relieve station and booth workers throughout the day.

Any student interested in becoming a member of the CUFI organization can do so by attending and volunteering at events, coupled with attending the weekly meetings which are held every Thursday at 7 p.m. For more information log on to the National CUFI website at CUFI.org or long on to MC’s CUFI website through Facebook.com

– Tiffany Babb, Contributing Writer