Sandi Patty releases inspirational album Everlasting

Sandi PattyWell-known Christian artist Sandi Patty, often dubbed “The Voice” in Christian music, has returned with a new album. Her first release since 2011, Everlasting features a wide variety of songs, including contemporary worship songs, gospel standards, hymns, and inspirational favorites which she has carefully selected and crafted in elegant style.

The album also features a new acoustic recording of Patty’s classic duet, “Another Time, Another Place,” with Wayne Watson.

If you are looking for the vocal calisthenics or power ballads for which she is well known, you will not find them on this album. Instead, the arrangements are simple and Patty sings them with powerful emotion and nuance.

The album begins with an outpouring of praise and worship. First is “God and King,” a catchy, upbeat arrangement of the hymn, “All Creatures of Our God and King,” with an added refrain.

She follows that with simple but effective arrangements of contemporary worship songs “10,000 Reasons,” “Revelation Song,” and Bill Gaither’s “He Touched Me”.

Next on the album is the new recording of Patty’s No. 1 single, “Another Time, Another Place.”. She and gospel artist Wayne Watson recorded a new acoustic arrangement of their classic duet especially for this album. Watson also accompanies their duet with guitar.

Patty closes the praise and worship portion of the album with a powerful arrangement of Michael W. Smith’s “Agnus Dei.”

Following this, she shifts to a couple of inspirational favorites. They begin with a stunning, bold performance of Paul Simon’s “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” followed by a raw, emotionally authentic performance of Vince Gill’s “Go Rest High On That Mountain.” Both are masterfully performed in a way that would leave the original artists in awe.

Finally, Patty rounds out the album with another praise and worship set that contains more classic selections. She includes Dottie Rambo’s “He Looked Beyond My Fault,” the well-known hymn “How Great Thou Art,” gospel favorite “Does Jesus Care,” and she ends the album with stunning renditions of “Eternal Life,” “In Christ Alone,” and “The Lord’s Prayer.”

A long-time Sandi Patty fan, I bought Everlasting on a whim several weeks ago. The simple-but-powerful, emotional, and most of all, worshipful arrangements and performances have kept me listening and singing along over and over again.

A Target exclusive since September, Everlasting is now sold at Lifeway Christian Stores, Family Christian Stores, and Parable Christian Stores, as well as on iTunes.

Give it a listen…I think you will find yourself singing along, too!

– Bradley Robinson, Contributing Writer