Arts & Entertainment

What to do during Fall Break

-Mary J.C. Segal, Contributing Writer

Autumn is in the air, the leaves are growing crisp, Fall Break is just around the corner, and you’ll be on campus. So what to do? Study? Marathon the Lord of the Rings extended edition trilogy? Again? Stare at your wall out of stunning boredom? All are valid options, but none will make a good story to tell your friends after they get back from break. Don’t despair! Clinton has plenty of activities planned during MC’s Fall Break.

The 2014 Mississippi State Fair will be in town over break! Free admission until noon both Monday and Tuesday of break provides you plenty of time to gorge yourself on those fried, gooey fair treats. Death-defying high wire acts, a petting zoo, and unlimited rides for $25 + General Admission guarantee a magnificent time.

Want to avoid the funnel cakes? Head down to the coast to support Mississippi’s youth orchestra at Bachtoberfest between October 4 and 5. Pascagoula Mississippi invites you to enjoy free food, a sunset stroll through a vineyard, and plenty of all you can eat food from 20+ cooking teams.

Experience for yourself the home and garden of Pulitzer Prize winning author Eudora Welty. The Eudora Welty House is open to visitors Tuesday through Friday and guides begin promptly at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.

Catch a $5 movie at Clinton’s local movie theater the Sunday of break. Every Sunday the theater has showings for only $5, helping everyone to be able to enjoy movies even on a tight budget.

Experiment with different locations for enoing and determine your favorite spots. Go to Pimento’s and leave notes to the future readers of your favorite books. Try 303 Jefferson St. Build a blanket fort in your dorm hallway and wage paper airplane wars with neighbors. Perform silent plays for security cameras. Use a pair of boots to document a day in the life of an invisible man.

Remember- Life on campus during break is what you make of it!