Fall Festivities in Olde Towne

-Abbie Walker, Editor

Mississippi College students don’t have to look far this fall to find something to do. Clinton’s Olde Towne will be hosting several events throughout the coming months, many of which are available for college students.

One option is the Dinner and a Movie presented by Main Street Clinton. Upcoming features include: Frozen (Oct. 10), E.T. (Oct. 24), and a double feature of Home Alone and Home Alone 2 (Nov. 7). Movies start at dusk and are free to the public. Just bring a lawn chair or a blanket and settle down on the brick streets to watch.

Dinner is also available for purchase, starting approximately 30-40 min. before the movie starts. Brick-oven pizza courtesy of Garden to Fire mobile eatery will be available on Oct. 10, as well as snow cones from Hawaiian Ice. On Oct. 24, the Lurny D’s food truck will be serving meals, and Jefferson 303 will be catering the movie on Nov. 7.

Another popular Clinton event is the Olde Towne Market. The Fall Market will be Oct. 11 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., during which handmade items and other unique gifts from 75-100 vendors will be sold on the brick streets. The annual Holiday Market is also set for Nov. 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Main St.-1

Olde Towne After Dark also offers trivia competitions on the third Thursday of every month from 8-10 p.m. at 303 Jefferson. Participants can compete and test their knowledge to win cash and other prizes. The competition requires teams of four and costs $10 per team. Oct. 16 and Nov. 20 are the remaining fall dates for this event.

For those not going to Follies, Main Street is also hosting a fundraising event called Common Grounds on Oct. 16 from 7-9p.m. Common Grounds is an art show and silent auction featuring Sam Beibers, Paul Fayard, Ron Lindsey, and Wyatt Waters. Tickets are $35 and will be held at MeMe’s Bakery.

Also on Oct. 16 is an event called Just the Girls. Lunch will be held at Nawlin’s Grill in Clinton, followed by a table-setting demonstration from Leake Street Antiques. Women attending are asked to make a reservation, and more Just the Girls events are planned for next semester.

For more information regarding events in Clinton’s Olde Towne, contact Tara Lytal at 601-924-5472, go to clintonms.org, or follow @mainstclintonms on Twitter.