Alumni Pool hosts Open House

-Andrew Rock, Contributing Writer

Choctaws are going to need their swimsuits this Halloween. Students and faculty alike are invited to an open house at Alumni Pool on Oct 31. Alumni Pool Director and Instructor Ellen Noble wants everyone to come and enjoy the fun.

The Open House will be between 1:30-3 p.m. Noble said to bring a swimsuit, as there will be water volleyball and swimming. Students can bob for apples, eat popcorn and apple cider, or race in the pool for T-shirts.

Noble encourages MC students to take advantage of Alumni Pool. “This is your pool, enjoy it!” she said. Noble said that the open house was intended to “expose students to the pool” and let people know about the opportunities it offers. “It’s free!” said Noble, who hopes to see students using the pool more often in the upcoming year. “Some students don’t know where it is,” she said, and believes that this open house will remedy that.

Alumni Pool is free to students, and Noble wants everyone to know what they have to offer. She said that students are welcome to come and swim for exercise or enjoyment, and aquatics classes are also available for those who want instruction.

She said that it is an excellent place to come and relax, with water sports classes and aquatic fitness equipment readily available to anyone who wants them. Noble hopes to see more students at the pool this upcoming year, “even if they just want to sit and study.”

The pool is also open for free use on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-8 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 2-4 p.m. The hours are noon to 4 p.m. on Fridays.

photo-13