“Movies on the Way”

Benny Warnick, A&E Editor

With the holiday season quickly approaching, movies in every genre will be hitting the screens for both serious and casual moviegoers to enjoy. Though the Christmas movies may not be in full force quite yet, many highly-anticipated films are being released in October and November, kicking off the end-of-the-year movie craze with a bang.

In the action and adventure genre, “Nightcrawler” (to be released on Oct. 31) stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a journalist who discovers the hidden darkness of the L.A. crime world. Written and directed by Dan Gilroy (“Real Steel” and “The Bourne Legacy”), the film also features Bill Paxton and Gilroy’s wife Rene Russo.

November also packs a punch in the action department. Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” will be released on Nov. 5, featuring Matthew McConaughey as an astronaut attempting to reach new heights in space exploration as the world as we know it comes to an end. The film features a broad range of actors, including Anne Hathaway, Michael Cain, and Jessica Chastain, among others. Composer Hans Zimmer, known for his past musical endeavors in Nolan films like “Inception” and the Batman trilogy, teamed up with Nolan again to provide the music for the film.

Fans of “The Hunger Games” films can also find satisfaction in November, with the Nov. 21 release of director Francis Lawrence’s “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.” The film is the third installment in the book-turned-movie series, featuring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson as Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, two teens selected to take part in a series of once-a-year, to-the-death fights to represent their district. The film series will be wrapped up in 2015 with “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.”

Outside of action and adventure, the long-awaited comedy “Dumb and Dumber To” will be released Nov. 14, featuring Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey as two bumbling idiots searching to find Harry’s (Daniels) long-lost daughter. Collaborating with “Dumb and Dumber” director Bobby Farrelly, the film takes place 20 years after the original “Dumb and Dumber” setting, adding a variety of shenanigans to the characters’ adventures in relation to their aging stupidity.

Rounding out November, “Horrible Bosses 2” follows up its 2011 predecessor with a sequel release on Nov. 26. The well-known cast including Jennfier Aniston, Chris Pine, and Jason Bateman follows an unfortunately unplanned kidnapping after the characters attempt to start their own business. Written and directed by Sean Anders (“We’re the Millers” and “Hot Tub Time Machine”), the film offers his traditionally adult-oriented jabs at workplace corruption that may be inappropriate for younger moviegoers.

These movies are just a few of many upcoming releases. More information on releases can be found at imdb.com.

Sources: metacritic and IMDb

moviereview (little blurry, try to use something else)