Celebrate Spring Fever Week Mar. 21

-Megan Cole, Reporter

One of the most exciting times on Mississippi College’s campus is slowly approaching as the weather warms up and our season shifts into spring. Yes, it’s Spring Fever Week and CAB has a lot in store for the student body. Get ready to relive memories and create new ones while recapturing some joy in life this semester. Don’t let exams get you down or watch the semester fly by without taking some time to relax and be a part of this week of fun and exciting events!

spring fever 2

On Mar. 21, the events will kick off with the ever-famous Crawfish Boil. Come out and join the SFW’s annual tradition by enjoying a delicious, seasonal meal outdoors. You’ll get the chance to visit with CAB members and reconnect with our campus’s community – not to mention take up the opportunity to step out of the Caf for a while.

The week will continue through the Mar. 26 with a wide-variety of events and end with a bang at the SFW annual concert.

“Spring Fever Week is one of my favorite weeks during the school year. It has become such a big MC tradition that helps us welcome spring to campus,” commented Dannie Woods, Assistant Director of Student Life for Student Activities.

“I think this year’s SFW is going to create a fun and care-free atmosphere all around campus,” shared Hunter Sandoval, CAB Chairperson, senior and Christian Studies and Spanish major.

According to Sandoval, the week is designed to let students relax from tests, meetings, and deadlines. The week is meant to “create a buzz of high-energy to kick-off the last half of the semester” and allow students to reconnect to MC’s community.

spring fever

SWF makes up some of the year’s most popular events all year. From dinner nights, new activities, good food, skating, and some surprises, the week is chock-full of fun for our Choctaws!

Students are encouraged to come out and meet some new faces – or reconnect with some old ones.

Sandoval believes that SWF is a great time to “make lasting memories with those friends you’ve kept around since freshman year” as well as “the best opportunity to make new friends.”

“You really get a sense of the awesome community we have on campus because everyone comes out for this week,” Woods shared.

“There truly is no better way to jump full force into the spring than by coming to a week’s worth of events,” said Sandoval.

“I hope that this year’s students love our lineup of events just as much as we do,” shared Lauren Livingson, freshman and communication major.

“We have some new events coming out this year and some twists on traditional events, but we think campus is going to be excited to participate,” said Woods.

So mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details about SFW (including the musical act for this year’s concert) from MC’s Campus Activities Board. Follow @MC_CABevents on Twitter.