A PSA from Miss MC: Sexual Assault Awareness Event

Every April, victims, service providers, advocates, and allies from around the country join forces to raise awareness about sexual violence in our communities. Led by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, this annual campaign is an opportunity to underscore the scope of the problem, highlight best practices in victim services or new policy initiatives, and encourage education efforts and other local action. This year Mississippi College invites you to join us as we do our part to advocate on behalf of victims as well as spread awareness to the prevalence of these occurrences.

Teal Tuesday is Apr. 21. Come on out to the quad for cookies, photos, and Cup’s coffee in the morning. Then join us in “A Walk in Her shoes” obstacle course for the afternoon! (This event can also be counted for as a makeup chapel credit.) Take part in Teal Tuesday by having some fun and learning what YOU can do to aid in the prevention of sexual assault!

Know Your Part: As members of the MC student body, as well as faculty and staff, we must do our part in creating an atmosphere of safety for our entire MC family. We must recognize our part in stopping this crime by starting with our own awareness and knowing when and where to intervene.

-Kendyll Covington

kendyllMissMC