Review of the book “Motivation Manifesto.”

-James Osborne, News Editor

“There comes a time in the lives of those destined for greatness when we must stand before the mirror of meaning and ask: Why, having been endowed with the courageous heart of a lion, do we live as mice? We must look squarely into our own tired eyes and examine why we waste so much time sniffing at every distraction, why we cower at the thought of revealing our true selves to the world, why we scurry so quickly from conflict, and why we consent to play small. We must ask why we participate so humbly in society’s frantic race, allowing ourselves into mazes of mediocrity and settling for scraps of reward when nature has offered unlimited freedom, power, and abundance to the bold, the determined, the creative, the independent – each of us.”

This is taken from the first page of the book “Motivation Manifesto” by New York Times bestselling author Brendon Burchard, who also wrote the books “The Charge,” and “Life’s Golden Ticket.”

You may be a graduating senior looking for extra encouragement and motivation to chase a dream job, or someone chasing a dream or personal goal. If you are seeking to believe in yourself, to improve in your classes next semester, to overcome fears and obstacles, or just looking for a good book to read, then the “Motivation Manifesto” by Brendon Burchard is for you.

The book is powerfully written and at times poetic. It has simple yet profound statements. Parts of the book are as if the reader has travelled back in time and has the opportunity to hear from the great orators like the founding fathers during America’s revolutionary war or even as far back as the Greek scholars and academics like Plato. Unlike some books on motivation like Daniel H. Pink’s “Drive” or the famous “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey, there is no technical jargon or pages that read like an academic journal. Instead, the “Motivation Manifesto” contains powerful and easy to read prose that gets straight to the point of what is needed in life to push ourselves to greatness.

Burchard writes about simple yet powerful subjects that we often overlook in society like being intentional, being present in daily life, being determined and focused on our goals, and seeking joy and thankfulness. The book has an introduction which is written like the Declaration of Independence, and two sections. Section One deals with human nature on freedom, fear, and motivation. Section Two is called the Nine Declarations which all start with “We Shall” and are titled: We Shall Meet Life with Full Presence and Power, Reclaim Our Agenda, Defeat Our Demons, Advance with Abandon, Practice Joy and Gratitude, We Shall Not Break Integrity, Amplify Love, Inspire Greatness, and We Shall Slow Time.

The theme of the book is seeking “personal freedom.” Being intentional, staying present in our lives, seeking joy and gratitude, moving past our fears, being motivated, and seeking to be the best we can possibly be are lessons we all need to learn.

Brendon Burchard also has a popular YouTube channel and blog. Burchard is giving away the “Motivation Manifesto” book for free after the $7.00 shipping and handling fee along with a 12 week online course when ordered at www.motivationmanifesto.com.

“Let us awaken now and realize there is greater vibrancy, joy, and freedom available to each of us. There is more feeling. There is more power. There is more love and abundance. But gaining access rests on our shoulders, for only two things can change our lives: either something new comes into our lives, or something new comes from within. Let us not hope for mere chance to change our story; let us summon the courage to change it ourselves.”