The Arrowhead Opens Submissions/by Arrowhead Staff

It’s that time of year again!

The Arrowhead, Mississippi College’s own in-house literary and arts magazine, is accepting submissions for its 2021 edition. The magazine is calling all writers, poets, artists, and graphic designers in any department across campus to submit their best work, and is accepting submissions until the end of the Fall 2020 semester. 

This prestigious collection of student creativity accepts submissions in each of the following six categories: creative essay, poetry, short story, studio art, photography, and digital illustration. Each student may submit up to three entries in each of the above categories, which will be evaluated by a renowned, published, and award-winning panel of judges. In each category, the judges will choose the top three entries to be published in The Arrowhead

The goal of The Arrowhead is to showcase a diverse population of student voices. As a renowned university publication in the South, this magazine provides an incredible opportunity for students in all parts of campus, all departments, and all majors to find commonality in their creativity. In the 2020-2021 school year, as campus finds itself separated by the COVID-19 pandemic, this commonality is more important than ever. During this chaotic time, MC will find its unity and strength in its students’ stories, which The Arrowhead seeks to immortalize for future generations. These stories, told in a variety of verbal and visual mediums, could be yours, and could show the world how MC students navigated the coronavirus pandemic with strength and creativity.

The Arrowhead can be contacted with submissions and/or questions via email at thearrowhead@mc.edu. Further, the magazine will share updates via its Instagram and Twitter handle, @thearrowheadatmc. All submissions should contain the student’s entry, the entry’s title, and the entry’s category, and are due by Dec. 1, 2020.

Last year’s Arrowhead will be distributed on Wednesday, September 30 from 3pm to 5pm in front of the caf. Grab your copy and check out what all The Arrowhead has to offer!