Collegian Staff Offers Picks for Fall Movies/by Collegian Staff

Autumn is officially in full swing, and the promise of this season means returning to a cooler atmosphere of holidays and old favorites. Everyone seems to have a tradition they associate with fall, right down to the films they watch. To celebrate the occasion, some of The Collegian’s own have offered their personal picks for what their go-to movies are for the fall:

Kyle Hamrick, Editor in Chief: “Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp. It’s a gritty, gothic, eccentric reimagining of Washington Irving’s classic tale.”

Meredith Stratmann, Assistant Editor: “I just watched Hocus Pocus for the first time and I loved it.”

Rachel Faulk, Copy Editor: “The Charlie Brown Halloween special has always been a fall classic for my family.”

Meagan Eubanks, Ads/Social Media Coordinator: “Can’t go wrong with Twitches.”

Marquisha Mathis, Opinions Editor: “Hallmark movies.”

Austin LaBrot, News Editor: “You can’t go wrong with a classic fall Hallmark movie.”

Morgan Miller, Arts & Entertainment Editor: “I know it’s a newer movie, but Knives Out gives great fall vibes.”

Kienna Van Dellen, Reporter: “For us it’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and then the Christmas special for holiday season. We also did a lot of classic Disney movies.”

Happy fall, and happy movie watching!

Published by

The Collegian

The Collegian is the official student newspaper of Mississippi College. Run by students for students, The Collegian strives to bring quality journalism and storytelling to its readers while also providing an outlet for students to express themselves. We hope our readers leave with a better sense of their community and the people in it.