Fall Weather Sneaking In/by Marquisha Mathis

It all happened very fast, but that’s how everything in life happens. I’m talking about this fall weather that just suddenly crept up on us in Clinton, Miss.

I think that the fall weather is great in terms of getting to wear warm sweaters and getting to finally have hot chocolate. Who can complain?

But I would like to have been warned before I walked outside to go to class and the wind just started blowing. It’s a good thing I had my jeans on that day.

However, there are a number of reasons to appreciate this type of weather. The first reason is no more heat. Don’t get me wrong, I love the summer. It’s my favorite season, and it’s the best time to hit up the beach in any capacity to enjoy the water and soak up the hot sun. But sometimes it just gets entirely too hot. And that’s the moment I’m begging fall to hurry up and get here.

Next, there’s the hot chocolate. If I’m being honest, this is absolutely the best thing to happen during this time. Hot chocolate provides the best comfort. The marshmallows, the steam from the cup, and the cup itself. Fall weather mixed with this is a feeling like no other.

Then, there’s the time to get real cozy and curl up in bed and watch a good movie. You can never go wrong with a Hallmark movie. It has the family atmosphere. You see everyone smiling, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company. Everyone is bundled up, and sitting around the fire.

Junior Morgan Miller said, “Fall is my favorite season, so I love getting to see hints of it around here when it’s just beginning. The air feels different and more lively, so I can really enjoy spending more time outside.”

Warm clothes, beverages, and movies aren’t the only thing to be excited about regarding fall. As many of us know, football season has kicked off into full gear. We’ve got our eyes glued to the television waiting for our favorite team to win week after week.

Fall weather also creates something else down the line–Thanksgiving dinner with family, and just being able to enjoy that time along with the weather that comes with it.

Fall is just this feeling of happiness. It’s the time where everyone is settling down into a whole new season, preferably one they love because there’s so much to love about it.

The leaves begin to fall, the wind is in the process of blowing now, and we’re much cooler than we were months ago. This is what we’ve been waiting for. The perfect weather to roll around again because we need it. We want to feel it in that moment.

We want to get back to the activities that were waiting for us. This all makes sense now. That 65-degree weather is about to be the next addition to the fall. Mississippi is once again in for another treat to those of us who are citizens here or attend school here and just love that fall weather.