Force Choi Readies to Get Into the Swing of Things/by Paxton Dorch

As many athletes wait anxiously for their turn to compete, the men’s golf team is no exception. Fifth-year graduate senior Force Choi has been preparing to begin the fall season as the spring season earlier this year was cancelled due to COVID-19. Choi was granted that fifth
season of eligibility due to those cancellations.

Five years as a college athlete is a long time for many, and the journey that has been a part of Choi’s life is no exception. Golf has also been a part of Choi’s life for a long time and has been a big part of his journey to MC. “My dad started playing when I was 11 or 12, and he brought me along. I’ve been playing ever since then.”

Choi is already one of the most successful golfers in MC history. Choi owns the school record for average score in a season and score versus par in a season. He has also been named Second Team All-GSC. Choi also recently made it to the Monday qualifier of the PGA tour event the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson. He finished high enough in the Friday qualifier to earn his spot in the Monday qualifier.

Even after many years of playing at MC, he is still excited for and is looking forward to playing in this coming season, saying, “We are very blessed and grateful to have a fall season and hopefully spring season!” Choi also mentioned how he wants to leave a mark on the program and that he thinks the team is ready for the start of their season at the Darrell Foreman
Invitational in early October. He added, “I’m confident, and the team is doing well, and so I’mreally looking forward to it.”

After many months of preparation and anticipation, Choi and the men’s golf team are looking forward to starting off the season in their first tournament and hope to finish with low scores and high results.