Fall Fever Week Replaces Homecoming/by Kienna Van Dellen

Homecoming is a longtime fall tradition for schools across the country, serving as a chance for the MC family to connect with their past generations and celebrate new students year after year.

This year, MC will be hosting a Fall Fever Week for its students rather than a traditional homecoming.  This will include different events taking place each day during the week of Oct. 19-24. Trivia night, brick painting, pumpkin painting, live music, worship night, and a fall festival are just a few things students can start to look forward to. “All events will be socially distanced and come and go to make sure we are distanced to keep our COVID numbers extraordinarily low,” said Homecoming Director Logan Barnard. The board is also in the process of working with clubs and tribes on campus in order to include them in the festivities. 

Although MC is not able to physically say “welcome home” to our alumni this semester in order to stay within the COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, there will still be an assortment of classic events. These will include various virtual reunions, the Hap Hudson 5K, and the homecoming golf tournament. 

The homecoming board is working hard to transition and plan smoothly with all of the changes this year so freshmen and upperclassmen alike are able to experience something new this semester. Although things will look different, the MC spirit of strength and courage will carry on in order to put the health and safety of the students first.