Mississippi College Votes

On Tuesday, October 20, we put four polls on our Instagram story. We asked MC students and Collegian readers to cast their votes for president, Mississippi state senator, the proposed Mississippi state flag, and the legalization of medical marijuana in Mississippi. 

When asked to vote for either President Donald Trump or Vice President Joe Biden for President of the United States, 2020-2024, out of 234 responses, 74% voted for Trump and 26% voted for Biden. (173 Trump, 61 Biden)

When asked to vote for either Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith or Democrat Representative Mike Espy, out of 165 responses, the vote was a tie. By the numbers, 82 voted for Hyde-Smith, 83 voted for Espy.

When asked to vote for the proposed Mississippi state flag, out of 252 responses, 82% voted to adopt the flag and 18% voted against it. (206 yes, 46 no)

When asked to vote for the legalization of medical marijuana, out of 242 responses, 53% voted in favor and 47% voted against. (132 yes, 116 no)

Published by

The Collegian

The Collegian is the official student newspaper of Mississippi College. Run by students for students, The Collegian strives to bring quality journalism and storytelling to its readers while also providing an outlet for students to express themselves. We hope our readers leave with a better sense of their community and the people in it.