How to Spend Spring Break Day/by Collegian Staff

In an ordinary year, Spring Break is the pinnacle of second semester breaks. It is the holiday students far and wide look forward to, seizing the opportunity to escape and have fun. It can mean trips to faraway places or simple respites spent at home with family. 

However, since this is no ordinary year, the occasion looks decidedly different. Instead of a week of festivities spent away from campus, it has been reduced to a singular day during the week. Rather than despair at the loss, there are still ways this day can be spent so that some semblance of fun is maintained. 

If you’re unsure about how to capitalize on this short break, the Collegian’s staff members have a few suggestions on how to spend the day.

Kyle Hamrick: “Hike on one of the Natchez Trace Trails, then come back and write a history paper.”

Meredith Stratmann: “Try a new restaurant with friends.”

John Mark Pinter: “Sleep.”

Rachel Faulk: “Go to a nice bookstore or coffee shop.”

Marquisha Mathis: “Netflix and Hulu.”

Kienna Van Dellen: “Head to a coffee shop with a few friends!”

Elliot Reeder: “Sleep in, catch up on homework, and hang out with friends.”
Morgan Miller: “Go for a walk at the Clinton Nature Center, watch a movie with friends, and write some poems.”

Published by

The Collegian

The Collegian is the official student newspaper of Mississippi College. Run by students for students, The Collegian strives to bring quality journalism and storytelling to its readers while also providing an outlet for students to express themselves. We hope our readers leave with a better sense of their community and the people in it.