MC Hires Kenny Bizot As New Athletic Director / Jace Aymond

After 20 years, Mississippi Sports Hall of Famer and former men’s basketball coach for 17 years Mike Jones stepped down from his positions as men’s basketball coach and athletic director this past summer. In his decision to retire, he named who he wanted to succeed him: MC graduate Kenny Bizot.

Graduating with a master’s degree in communication in 1995, Bizot also played basketball in his undergraduate years under Coach Jones from 1990-94. In those four years, the team went 75-34 and had winning seasons for all four years. After his final game as a player, he did not leave Choctaw basketball. For the next four years, he served as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. It was during this time that MC basketball had one of their most successful stints, going 119-35 in those next four seasons, and was also ranked second in the country for a time. 

Being extremely involved with MC basketball during his time in Clinton, Bizot said, “It’s a real comfort, especially with this kind of job, to know this place so well. Some days I’m here and it’s like I never left. I just have a great comfort level with this position because of my ties to Mississippi College over the years.” 

Before returning to MC, Bizot was the head basketball coach at both the University of Texas at Tyler and Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Mike Jones also coached at Copiah-Lincoln. Bizot said, “It’s really hard to put into words and it’s a great honor” that Jones wanted him to fill this role. “He’s done so many great things for our athletic department, but for the college as a whole too. I’m thankful that God has put him in my life and it’s an honor, but it’s also very motivating making sure to continue what he’s done here.”

Bizot mentioned how much of an “exciting time” it is for Mississippi College, saying, “We’ve got a really good administrative staff, coaching staff, and a beautiful campus… The entire community of Clinton along with our campus is totally different in such a great and positive way.” 

With his experience as a player and coach here at MC, and his head coaching and administration positions at UT Tyler and Copiah-Lincoln, Bizot is a perfect candidate for the athletic director role that the great Mike Jones previously held.