Women’s Soccer Win First Game of 2021 Campaign / Jace Aymond

In their final game of the Columbus State Invitational, the Lady Choctaws squared off
against Rollins College in non-conference play. Although starting slow, MC won the game 2-1 in
a come from behind victory. Rollins struck first in only the 9 th minute from Briyah Drayton, but
the Lady Choctaws set the tone after that.

In the 39 th minute, Avery Hederman delivered abeautiful strike off a pass from Holly Pascoe to even up the score before half. It didn’t take long after that for MC to take the lead as Erin Hederman placed a shot in the side of the net in the 47 the minute.

Even with Rollins outshooting MC by one and recording two more saves, the Lady
Choctaw defense held strong all game and came out with a win. Additionally, Kaylee Foster was
sent off with a red card, which made the defensive stand all the more impressive. With her goal,
Erin Hederman put up three shots and Beatrice Currie delivered two, all of which were on target.

Returning to Clinton, the Lady Choctaws’ next match will be against LSU-A for the
home opener of the season. The game against the Generals will be the last non-conference game
of the season. Kickoff is set 1:00 this coming Friday, September 10.

Published by

The Collegian

The Collegian is the official student newspaper of Mississippi College. Run by students for students, The Collegian strives to bring quality journalism and storytelling to its readers while also providing an outlet for students to express themselves. We hope our readers leave with a better sense of their community and the people in it.