Men’s Soccer Pick Up First Win at Home / Jace Aymond

In their home opener at Robert P. Longabaugh Field, the men’s soccer team blanked the West Ouachita Tigers 5-0 in an impressive win for Mississippi College. The Choctaws set the pace and never looked back early on with a goal by Filippo Bellu in the 13th minute from a corner kick. From there, the Choctaws never looked back as they added two more goals in the next 15 minutes from strikes by Noah Wagner and Zach Diallo. The second half saw two more goals by Wagner and Bellu, in the 58th and 86th minutes respectively. 

The Choctaws quadrupled the Tigers’ total shots by a margin of 16-4. None of Ouachita Baptist’s shots were on target, while all of MC’s shots on target found the back of the net. With MC’s five goals and their defense keeping the Tigers to limited chances to score, neither keepers for both teams recorded any saves. For the Choctaws, Noah Wagner recorded six of the 16 total shots, with two finding its way past the keeper. Filippo Bellu’s two total shots were both on target and tacked on two extra goals for the Choctaws. 

The now 1-2 Choctaws start conference play with a two-game road trip at Auburn-Montgomery this coming Friday, September 17 and Montevallo two days later on Sunday, the 19th.