Lady Choctaws Clip Falcons’ Wings With 4-1 Score / Jace Aymond

On a rainy afternoon in Alabama, the MC Lady Choctaw soccer team easily handled the Falcons of Montevallo University with a 4-1 victory, their second straight win with such score. The other such game was the conference opener at Auburn Montgomery, which now puts the Choctaws at 4-1 overall and a 2-0 conference record.

After both teams adjusted to the conditions, the Lady Choctaws struck first with a goal in the 20th minute from Dani Avelar off reflections in the box, and it was her first of the season. With the score staying at 1-0 entering the second half, MC kicked it up a notch. Avelar doubled her season goal total and the score with a 68th minute strike. After seeing Avelar deliver two goals, Holly Pascoe decided she wanted to do it as well, scoring in the 70th and 77th minutes. The first the goals of the match were all assisted by Erin Hederman with Emma Young and Julia Murdoch assisting on the final MC goal. Unfortunately, the Choctaws could not complete the shutout as Chloe Spradlin scored in the second-to-last minute for the Falcons. 

The Choctaws once again controlled the match as they outshot UM 16-11 and had a 12-6 margin advantage of shots on target. While the Falcons had to make seven saves in the match, Sara Maleski recorded a solid five of her own. 

The Lady Choctaws have two straight home conference games against 20th ranked Lee this coming Friday and Shorter University this coming Sunday, the 26th. Both games will begin at 1:00 here at Robert P. Longabaugh Field.