Women’s Soccer Start Conference Play with Statement Win / Jace Aymond

After a dominant 8-0 win over LSUA, the Lady Choctaw women’s soccer team made the eastward road trip to take on the WarHawks of Auburn-Montgomery in their first Gulf South Conference match of the season. MC felt like they did not skip a beat either, as they soundly defeated AUM 4-1.

Three separate Lady Choctaws scored as it was Beatrice Currie in the 14th minute, Emily McNair with her first goal of the season in the 28th, and Erin Hederman in the 49th, making it her third straight game with a goal. MC also had their lead increase in 39th minute from an own goal by AUM from deflections after a corner by Avery Hederman. The WarHawks scored their lone goal by Ariel Jones, who bounced a header into the corner of the net.

Like the final score, the now 3-1 Lady Choctaws controlled the entire match, outshooting AUM 31-5 with an 18-2 margin for those that were on target. The WarHawks never had a corner kick opportunity to MC’s 11, and an impressive 15 saves were made by AUM , with Sara Maleski only having to save one. 

The win streak for regular season conference wins continues for the Lady Choctaws at 19 and will try to keep it alive as they are on the road again for another opponent. On Sunday, they will travel to Montevallo to take on the 2-2 Falcons, who are coming off a loss to Delta State. Kickoff is set for one in the afternoon this Sunday, September 19.