Choctaw Golf Perform Well at Opening Tournament / Jace Aymond

The Choctaw golf team competed at their opening tournament this week and placed sixth overall in the Derrall Foreman Invitational this past Monday and Tuesday. The invitational, held at the Cleveland Country Club in Cleveland, Mississippi, saw MC shoot 38 under and finish in fourth after the first round and in third after round two. 

The top finisher for the Choctaws was J.J Logue as he tied for 14th at the end of the tournament at 11 under. Grant Mahaney and Tomas Kubata both finished at 10 under and among many to tie for 16th. Bryson Jones tied for 30th with Adam Murphree tying for 51st. Central Alabama Community College and conference rival Delta State took the top two spots and did not change positions for all three rounds. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College took the final podium spot with Shorter and Union following just before MC. Although finishing sixth, the Choctaws were one stroke away from the top five and four away from taking fourth. 

The Choctaws’ next tournament will be at the Green Island Country Club in Columbus, Georgia where they will compete in the Cougar Invitational, hosted by Columbus State, this upcoming Monday and Tuesday.

Published by

The Collegian

The Collegian is the official student newspaper of Mississippi College. Run by students for students, The Collegian strives to bring quality journalism and storytelling to its readers while also providing an outlet for students to express themselves. We hope our readers leave with a better sense of their community and the people in it.