Cross Country Record Broken at Stacked Louisville Meet / Jace Aymond

The men and women’s cross country competed at the Live in Lou Classic hosted by Louisville University this past weekend where both races contained numerous Division 1 teams. The women came 35th of 44 teams with the men placing eighth.

In the women’s race, Jazmin Hernandez once again had the fastest time for MC at an 18:05 mark and just broke the top 100, placing 96th. In the loaded field, Josie Whipp finished in the top 120, Madeline Campbell in 184th, Bre Bell in 286th, and Emily Berry at the 328th mark. Division 1 and Power 5 schools placed the top three team spots as it was Michigan, Wisconsin, and West Virginia dominating the meet.

While the men’s race had slightly fewer Division 1 opponents, they still performed incredibly, placing eighth as a team. The top finisher for the Choctaws was Hunter Kurz, who set the school record time for the 8K at 24:15. His record time put him in 20th overall at the meet with Gabe Poulin finishing 26th. Christian Balcer placed 57th with Evan Del Rio, who previously held the record, in 92nd. Braedon Methvin, Brock Kelly, and Cole Benoit also gave the Choctaws points with their finishes. The top three teams for the men’s meet were the Badgers of Wisconsin taking the gold with Grand Valley State and Eastern Illinois University rounding out the podium spots.

Up next is the final meet of the regular season for MC and will take place here at Choctaw Trails for the annual Watson Invitational beginning at 8:00 am.