Men’s and Women’s Golf Show out / Jace Aymond

The men’s and women’s golf team both took to the links this past week with the men finishing 11th and the women winning their first invitational in school history. The men competed in the Cougar Invitational at Columbus State University while the women won the TJC Invitational hosted by Tyler Junior College.

In Columbus, Georgia the men with a team score of 897 in three rounds, giving them an 11th place finish. Tomas Kubata was out in front for MC, shooting over seven over par and placing tied for 18th overall. J.J. Logue finished at eight over par with Bryson Jones, Grant Mahaney, and Adam Murphree all coming in the top 75. A few GSC schools also competed in the tournament with Lee and Delta State claiming the top two spots with host Columbus State in third. 

The women tied for first in the invitational with Tyler Junior College as they both shot a 649 as a team over the two rounds. Sarah Hodson had the individual low score with a collective total of 153 in the two days. It was the first event of the year for MC, and they performed excellently.

Up next both teams will compete this coming Monday and Tuesday on the 4th and 5th. The men will travel to Arkansas to compete in a tournament hosted by Henderson State University. Meanwhile, the women head up north to Tennessee for an invitational hosted by Rhodes College.