Brick Streets Hosts Santa Crawl in Spirit of Christmas Season / Gracie Lee

The holiday season has arrived, and nostalgic traditions and events are just beginning. Residents of Olde Towne Clinton can usher in the holiday season with a “Santa Crawl” hosted by the Main Street on Thursday, December 2. The event will take place from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Early admission is $25 and $30 the day of the event. Guests also get to keep of a fun mug, which they can use to drink cider throughout the night. Participants can also register for a doorprizes at $50 values from the surrounding businesses. The festive tradition, planned by Tara Lytal, Program Director of Main Street events, began in 2012 when several retailers of Clinton wanted to put on a holiday social for downtown locals. “[Then] the Santa Claus Crawl was born,” Lytal said. 

Although it derived its name from a pub crawl, the only drinks served at the party are cider, in order to keep the gathering family friendly for all ages. Each Old Towne business contributes their personal recipe and competes for the title of best cider. The rest of the activities include a scavenger hunt through the downtown streets, with food and drinks.  

The social’s purpose is to promote shopping local and supporting one’s community and neighbors. Santa will be the celebrity of the event and holds the honor of handing out the door prizes to lucky winners. The businesses to be featured include Wyatt Water’s Gallery, The Clinton Courier, Jillian’s Salon and Boutique, Melanie Bryant Interiors, Olde Towne Barre, Meme’s Bakery, and many more. Hetrick Real Estate and Life Time Ventures LLC are sponsoring the gathering. “This is a signature event for us. At this time, no other community holds a similar event,” Lytal said.